Mechanical Engineer II
Job Requisition #: 15798
Date Posted: 04/10/2013
Location: Sylmar - CA - USA
Our teams produce game-changing ideas and life-changing results. A career at St. Jude Medical puts you on the leading edge of medical technology, working for a company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and its passion for quality. Isn't this the kind of change you would like in your life?We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We currently have this position open at our Cardiac Rhythm Management business unit, located in the suburbs of Los Angeles:
Hardware Design Engineer II
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Hardware Design Engineer II todesign hardware to support features that are included as part of new product definitions. Designs verification testing (DVT) protocols. Work requires the application of theoretical principles and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more academic course of study.
Impact this role will have within the organization:
· Applies engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems.
· Exercises technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing, coordinating and/or directing engineering work.
· Performs engineering studies.
· Remains abreast of and consults on technical advancements.
· Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
* Bachelor of Science degree in electrical/mechanical/biomedical engineering, a related field, or equivalent.
* Typically a minimum of three plus years of relevant hardware design, development, or testing experience including a general familiarity of manufacturing equipment/processes that is compatible with highly reliable electronic medical or similar devices.
* Ability to implement new design features as part of existing systems.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication, interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, quantitative, analytical, organizational, and follow-up skills, the ability to meet deadlines as well as the ability to converse effectively with all levels of employees.
* Ability to deliver research information which adds value to management’s decision making process.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Company operating procedures, processes, policies, and tasks.
* Demonstrated personal computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing database management, and specialized applications.
* Evaluation, originality, and/or ingenuity required.
* Polished communicator - written documentation and oral presentations/ discussions/ meetings.
* Excellent reputation for building relationships across various levels of an organization.
* Organized, on-time, and detailed project management skills.
* Energized attitude.
· An advanced credential in a relevant discipline/concentration.
· Professional certification or designation.
· Six-Sigma knowledge and experience.
· Training and experience in manufacturing processes and methods.
· Experience in the manufacturing of medical devices.
To learn more, visit our web site atwww.sjm.com
St. Jude Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
|E-mail this position
Submit Resume or C.V.